An ex Town Planner, I used to develop websites and small web applications in my spare time for fun before leaving that career to follow what became a passion and began work as a professional software developer in October, 2015.
Since then I’ve worked with three software companies in Perth, and am currently employed as a DevOps Engineer with Mechanical Rock. Not to be confused with “the ops guy” which is part of the DevOps role, but to be clear, I still write software too! So I actually do the “dev” and the “ops” parts of DevOps! I strongly believe in NOT throwing code you write over the fence and making it someone else’s responsibility. If something breaks at 3am, and it’s my feature I own it.
I currently have six industry certifications:
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
- AWS Certified Developer Associate
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect
- Built using Hugo which is a static site generator, using the Hyde theme
- Hosted on AWS’s Simple Storage Service (S3)
- The S3 bucket which holds all the content sits behind a CloudFront content delivery network (CDN)
- The domain https://jeanklaas.com is hosted by AWS Route 53 service
You can follow me on Twitter if you’d like to connect.